Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 18, 2014

Spacers?!

Hi guys, it's been a really long time since I've come on here to just blab about what's going on with my life.  I don't know if anyone reads this silly ol' blog...but my hope is that it brings comfort, joy, and lots of laughs to someone out there in this big old bloggy world!

So, where do I begin? How about I just start with summer.  I ended school back in June, the first week of it to be exact.  I swore to sleep in late, exercise, eat well, and not think of school until July.  Yea, well, ya wanna make God laugh...tell him your plans!  I did exercise and I had up until last Monday...we'll get to that...So anyway..I started created stuff for TPT...and then I get all mad-crazy type and would stay up really late and create more and more stuff.  My boyfriend calls me the machine!!!!!!! Haha, I disagree!

Anyway, I stopped working as hard last Monday because I had surgery.  Dental surgery *cue gasp*  Yes, everyone fears the dentist...well in my case, the Oral Surgeon.  I was always so brave as a little kid. My dentist loved me, he would tell my mom how I was the only child who never cried. Little did he know that I was EXTREMELY shy.  So, to even cause I scene, I'd rather eat dirt!  Not anymore though. I've come out of my little shy shell since then.  Don't get me wrong, I hate talking on the phone with someone I don't know, I get like terrible anxiety and have to think about what the hell I'm going to say #introverteproblems.

Where was I...ah, yes, Monday. So my big goal of this summer was to finally get my braces in.  I have been going back in forth with this since 2010 and I said, "no more", I want a beautiful smile and darn, I'm going to have a nice smile!  Well, my ortho and dentist both agreed that 8 teeth should be pulled.  I was already okay with it because I had been to the ortho years ago and he said the same thing, so I wasn't as surprised, I was ready. Let's do this! So I did.  My sweet boyfriend, K, drove me to the surgeon and before all that I was giving all these meds to get me ready for the surgery..I had to take an anxiety pill an hour before cause I was all nerves..and not of steal.  Well, bf, went into the room with me but before I was put to sleep they said he could stay only up until they shoot me with the intravenous shot. That's all I remember, and I'm so very thankful for that! I remember getting into bed..but I don't remember him driving me home or helping me up the stairs..NADA! He had to go back to work after that so luckily my sweet mom was there to take care of me.  Did I mention she's the best mother in this whole universe? Well, she is!

Can I just say, for someone that had 8 teeth pulled, I took it like a boss.  I really didn't have any complications, what-so-ever. It was awesome!  The only discomfort I did have was my right lower gum, where I had stitches put it.  But no dry socket, woo hoo! Here's a picture of me after surgery, I was still a bit out of it, can you tell?


Well, yesterday I went to the ortho for my first real visit...AKA the down payment....(let's not talk about it). I got molds done, which was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I also got the wonder spacers put in between my molars and OMG, let me just say, I would rather get wisdom teeth pulled all the time, instead of these damn spacers.  My teeth are so sensitive and it just feels so uncomfortable.  I have to keep taking ibuprofen to help with the pain, it's awful!

Okay, enough about my teeth!  I don't think I shared with you guys that my boyfriend and I got a puppy back in March. It all happened all of a sudden, kind of like, "I really want a puppy..." My boyfriend looks at me and goes, "uh, okay!" So we searched online for over an hour and finally he was like, "OMG BABE, look at this little one...." and let me tell you it was love at first sight!!!  Here's a picture a two weeks after we got her, so she was a little bigger in the picture...I have one of her from the moment we got her but it's on my phone and i'm too lazy to get up and get it!  So this picture will have to do! Seriously, isn't she precious!! Her name is Reese's like the chocolate. But these days she goes by Ree Ree or Reese's Pieces....:)

This is her now...
She is still my baby! She's also very smart. I love talking to her, she responds well and is a fast learner.  

Other than that, life has been pretty good. I'm not ready for school to start. I love summer and lazy days.  

I will just leave you with this thing I've been working on.  My kids do Accelerated Reader and I hated my point board that I made...so I decided to redo it completely. I am going with a Melonheadz theme because they are super, cute!! 


This is just a sample..I have a start circle, points from 5-100 (counting by 5's) and an end piece.  You can click here if you'd like to check it out.

Alright, I am going to watch a movie with the bf, he's waiting for me to start it. Have a great night!!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Judy!! I feel your pain about teeth...I got bottom braces back in March, but I figure the year will fly by so it's no biggie :) I didn't have to do spacers--but I do know how painful those are. Congrats on the new puppy!!
    -Lovely Nina
    Lovely Nina Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get them off in a year? You are so lucky! I have to wait 2 years, bummer!! :( Thanks for commenting girl!

      Delete
  2. I hope your feeling better! I had braces when I was in middle school and so happy I go them years ago because now, I am such a baby with pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I'm such a baby now when it comes to pain! It's probably because we know better!!! Thanks for commenting! I am feeling MUCH better!!

      Delete
  3. Do you have a printable version of your board?

    ReplyDelete